As reported by other news sources, the international launch of the iPad has been postponed until the end of May.
A quick (and somewhat panicked) check of the Apple Japan website confirmed that Japan will not see the local launch of the iPad until “the end of May”. Not happy news here by any means.
Apple fans across Japan will be waking to the news that instead of just a couple of weeks until the arrival of the much anticipated new product, we still have well over a month to go. Apple is blaming the huge US sales numbers for a shortage, and reports are starting to come in that stores have been selling out in the United States.
That comes as little comfort to the faithful here in Japan and I expect the flames to burn brightly on 2ch today.
For those in Japan, How do you feel about the delay? Feel free to add your thoughts in the comments.
Follow our complete iPad landing in Japan coverage
- Steve Jobs Says Apple and Softbank are Wrong: the iPad SIM Lock Situation in Japan
- Steve Jobs Says iPad in Japan Not Really SIM Locked
- iPad Pre-Orders are Halted in Japan
- Apple and Softbank Keep iPad SIM Locked in Japan
- Pre-Orders Start for iPad in Japan: What Do You Need to Know
- Softbank Reveals iPad and 3G Data Pricing for Japan
- Date is Set! iPad Arrives in Japan on May 28
- Preview / Review of the Apple iPad
- DoCoMo to Sell iPad SIM Cards in Japan
- No iPads in Japan Till End of May
- iPad in Japan: First Impression of the New Addition