This just in! Apple has just issued a press release listing nine countries that will be launching the Apple iPad on May 28. Pre-orders will begin in just a few days on May 10, with pricing and data plan information soon.
From the release sent by Apple PR.
Apple® today announced that iPad™ will be available in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK on Friday, May 28. Customers can pre-order all iPad models from Apple’s online store in all nine countries beginning on Monday, May 10. In the US, Apple has already sold over one million iPads and customers have downloaded over 12 million apps from the App Store, as well as over 1.5 million ebooks from the new iBookstore.
Apple plans to release iPad in Austria, Belgium, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand and Singapore in July. Apple will announce availability, local pricing and pre-order plans for these nine additional countries at a later date.
Are you planning on picking one of these”Magical” devices up? If so, check out this discussion post in our forum.
We’ll be bringing you more news about the Japan release as it is announced. Stay tuned!
UPDATE: Softbank has released pricing information. Check out the scoop here
Follow our complete iPad landing in Japan coverage
- Steve Jobs Says Apple and Softbank are Wrong: the iPad SIM Lock Situation in Japan
- Steve Jobs Says iPad in Japan Not Really SIM Locked
- iPad Pre-Orders are Halted in Japan
- Apple and Softbank Keep iPad SIM Locked in Japan
- Pre-Orders Start for iPad in Japan: What Do You Need to Know
- Softbank Reveals iPad and 3G Data Pricing for Japan
- Date is Set! iPad Arrives in Japan on May 28
- Preview / Review of the Apple iPad
- DoCoMo to Sell iPad SIM Cards in Japan
- No iPads in Japan Till End of May
- iPad in Japan: First Impression of the New Addition