Just five days after opening pre-orders and another five days until the iPhone 4 officially goes on sale in Japan, Softbank has closed pre-orders for Apple’s new must-have handset. With pre-orders already stopped in the US, it’s now much harder to get your new iPhone 4 on launch day.
Earlier today, Softbank posted a press release stating that as of 20:00 today, June 19th, Softbank would stop taking pre-orders online.
It should be noted that Softbank has made it a point to inform all customers that even with a pre-order, it is possible that stock might not be sufficient to fill all orders on June 24. Still, if you missed the pre-order mobs, you still have one last chance to get the prized iPhone 4 on June 24.
Softbank has listed 15 electronics retailers that will be selling the iPhone 4 on launch day along with all seven Apple retail stores in Japan.
- Bic Camera Ikebukuro Store
- Bic Camera Shinjuku West Exit Store
- Bic Camera Yurakucho Store
- Yamada Denki LABI Ikebukuro Mobile DreamKan
- Yamada Denki LABI Shibuya Store
- Yamada Denki LABI Shinjuku East Exit Store
- Yamada Denki LABI Namba Store
- Yamada Denki LABI Ikebukuro Main Store
- Yodobashi Camera Shinjuku West Exit Store
- Yodobashi Camera Multi-Media Akiba
- Yodobashi Camera Multi-Media Umeda
- Yodobashi Camera Multi-Media Yokohama
- Softbank Omotesando Store
- Softbank Shibuya Store
- Softbank Roppongi Store
- Apple Stores
If you have to have an iPhone 4 and haven’t gotten your pre-order yet, be prepared for a long wait in line in front of one of these stores for one of the limited number of handsets that will be available for walk-in purchase.